10th Bengaluru INDIA NANO Concludes on a High Note
Department of Information Technology, Biotechnology and Science & Technology, Government of Karnataka along with Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) hosted 10th Bengaluru INDIA NANO with the focal theme ‘Nano for a Better World’ between December 6-7, 2018 with Pre-conference Tutorial & Inauguration on 5th December, 2018 at The Lalit Ashok, Bengaluru.
Eminent dignitaries at the Inaugural Function comprised of Shri H.D Kumaraswamy, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Karnataka; Prof. C.N.R. Rao, FRS, Linus Pauling Research Professor; Honorary President, JNCASR; Chairman, Karnataka’s Vision Group on Nanotechnology and Science & Technology; Shri K.J. George, Hon’ble Minister for IT, BT and S&T, Large & Medium Scale Industries and Sugar, Government of Karnataka; Prof. Yury Gogotsi, Nanomaterials Group, Materials Science & Engineering, Drexel University, Philadelphia, USA; Shri Gaurav Gupta, IAS, Principal Secretary, Department of IT, BT and S&T and Dept. of Commerce & Industries, Government of Karnataka; Prof. A. K. Sood, FRS, President, INSA & Professor, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore; Chairman, Conference Executive Committee, 10th Bengaluru INDIA NANO 2018 and Dr. H. Honne Gowda, Managing Director, Karnataka Science & Technology Promotion Society (KSTePS), Government of Karnataka.
The prestigious Prof. C.N.R. Rao Bengaluru INDIA NANO Science 2018 Award for the year 2018 was presented to Prof. S. Sampath, Professor, Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru.
- International Conference had 4 Plenary Session as well as 60 Keynote speaker Global Experts covering topics like Nano in Health, Nano in Engineering & Technology and Nano Applications in Industry.
- 118 exceptional quality Posters were displayed by top institutes like IISc, JNCASR, IITs, NITs, Amrita and International Universities; 10 Best Posters were awarded
- The Research Industry Collaboration Hub (RICH) Programme provided an excellent platform to 6 Start-ups to make a pitch to the Nanotech Fraternity
- The Tradeshow featured 45 Exhibitors and the DST Nano Mission Pavilion was represented by 15 member Organisations
- The Nano for the Young Programme witnessed 500+ Post Graduate and Graduate students and Nanotechnology Faculty